As Democrats, we must work together to ensure America’s public education system endures – and thrives – for generations to come. Democrats for Public Education will foster public schools in this country and remind everyone about our obligation to provide a comprehensive education for all our children.
Offering a high-quality public education is an economic necessity, an anchor of democracy and a moral imperative. It is also a fundamental civil right, without which none of our other rights can be fully realized. Our public education system is a critical democratic institution, and as Democrats, we are working together to guarantee a quality education for future generations.
Democrats for Public Education represents a diverse coalition of Democrats from all across the country who support public education. We have received strong early backing from leaders and activists at all levels of government, from communities coast-to-coast and states in between. Our supporters reflect both the Democratic Party and the American people.
We are focused on bringing people together with the shared goal of supporting and promoting public education. This is about Democrats standing up for our principals, standing up for teachers, standing up for kids and standing up for public education.
Our goal is to show broad-based support by Democrats around a core set of principles that include:
- Fulfilling our collective obligation to help all children succeed;
- Fighting for neighborhood public schools that are safe, welcoming places for teaching and learning;
- Ensuring that teachers and school staff are well-prepared, fully supported, and have small class sizes, as well as the time to collaborate to meet the individual needs of every child;
- Guaranteeing that all children have an engaging curriculum that includes art, music and physical education;
- Providing children access to wraparound services to meet their emotional, social and health needs; and
- Working to provide school districts – particularly those serving the highest concentration of students in need of extra services and support – with the resources required to provide all students with a world-class education.
To learn more about Democrats for Public Education and to join our coalition of Democrats please visit our website: DemocratsforPublicEducation.com.
We would also greatly appreciate your help amplifying our message on social media and to your networks.
Twitter at @Dems4PublicEd
And join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/demsforpubliced